Modern marketers integrate their efforts and unify their approach; they focus on online, offline, through the line, above the line, below the line. They’re social and switched on; they use inbound marketing, big data, transparency and content to differentiate their brands and it’s a job well done when they can show significant ROI for all their efforts.
Let’s look at marketing from a slightly different perspective – instead of coming at it from something we ‘do’ (integrated marketing), let’s look at it from the customer’s perspective, as something we ‘experience’.
What are some of the things you’d like from an ‘experience’:
· enjoyable/pleasant = design/style/tone
· relevant = targeting/segmentation
· informative = features/benefits
· ease of purchase/access = where to buy/online/ home delivery
· peer reviews = social media channels/review sites
· after sales assistance = customer service/support
So, don’t forget to remember:
· If your brand message/tone/style/communication is not clear… it will just confuse the customer or worse, annoy him/her;
· If your brand is not consistent … it will get lost in the vast tonnage of information out there fighting for face time with your customer;
· If your brand is not accessible via all the channels your customer uses… then they might think you’re ‘mickey mouse’, or they might be won over by your competitors instead.
And of course, your brand has to live up to its promises – don’t oversell and under deliver, otherwise in this era where consumers own the media, your brand will be ‘branded’ a phony quicker than you can say ‘viral’.
Have a look at Marketing Week and eConsultancy’s Modern Marketing Manifesto here… http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/modern-marketing-manifesto/4006442.article?cmpid=MWE01&cmptype=newsletter&email=true&ern= (#MoMaMa)
30 April 2013
Red Ant Solutions
The Malt House
Tel: 01483 863338
Fax: 0870 608 9370
Read our blog for all things marketing, digital, design and more …
Surrey Marketing Agency Work Experience - Megan
Make it a #feelgoodfriday with our delectable #glutenfree cake range. https://t.co/u8gfYZqWOm
We are recruiting for a Part Time digital Marketing Executive based in Godalming. #digitalmarketing #Jobs https://t.co/s91Pp9IPvW